The 7 Best Shopify Experts for UK Businesses - Bezos
Shopify Experts in the UK
With over 1.75 million merchants on Shopify and over two million daily active users, the competition on Shopify can be debilitating, especially when you’re just starting out. Your product might be great, the best even, but you may still experience trouble in several areas like:
- Attracting clients
- Turning a profit
- Demand and supply issues
- Fulfilment providers
- Data migration and integration
- Branching into other markets
- Getting conversant with Shopify.
Not to worry – growth plateaus and confusion are expected in this line of business. It’s okay not to have it all figured out in the first month or the first year. That’s what UK Shopify experts are for. One of the best ways to scale your Shopify store is to hire an expert.
Shopify experts are seasoned professionals or consultants that help Shopify sellers acclimate to the platform and hack their business growth. These experts do amazing work and are worth their salt. However, there are so many acclaimed Shopify experts in the UK, and a quick Google search shows 16.2 million results. With this saturation of Shopify experts in the market, finding the best Shopify experts in the UK might prove difficult – which is why we’re here.
As the UK’s revered Shopify fulfilment provider, Bezos.ai can curate a list of legitimate Shopify experts in the UK that will help your business achieve its goals. But first, let’s delve into the concept of a UK Shopify expert.
Who Is a Shopify Expert?
A Shopify expert is a certified professional highly skilled in all things Shopify. They use their knowledge and skills to help Shopify sellers like you grow their online store. They can be individual specialists focused on a specific service niche, like an expert in branding design, or they may be agencies providing comprehensive services needed to run your Shopify store.
Some services for which you may hire a Shopify expert include:
- Inventory management
- Building, designing and maintaining your Shopify store
- SEO optimisation
- Content creation
- Customer support
- Business consulting.
It’s worth noting that these experts are independent contractors and aren’t hired by Shopify (even though Shopify currently has a community of trusted experts).
How to Know if You Need a Shopify Expert
As you may already have experienced, running a store or business requires a lot of planning, strategising, implementing and follow-ups. This isn’t easy for any one person to handle and is the reason you need a small team to help. Even though Shopify provides merchants with support, content and guides to help you get started, it can still be overwhelming to handle by yourself.
So how do you know if you need a Shopify expert?
- You’re behind on your projected goals.
- You don’t know how to build or design your store.
- You have never grown or run an eCommerce business by yourself.
- You’re running the business alone and have no team to outsource to.
- You find it difficult to understand and perform some necessary tasks like SEO.
- You don’t have the time to take care of everything involved in running an effective store.
- You need professional photos or a strategy.
If you fall into any of the above categories, then it may be time to hire an expert to fast-track your success.
Shopify Experts: Categories and Roles
There are three main reasons people hire Shopify experts for their stores. These include:
- Shopify business operation purposes
- Shopify web development or design
- Shopify store conversion rate optimisation.
Here’s a quick summary of each:
Shopify business operations
This involves all the strategies needed to run a successful business. You need tailored sales and marketing plans, a go-to-market strategy, as well as someone to help file your taxes. This group of Shopify experts can help with that. Here are three types of Shopify business experts you can hire for your eCommerce store:
- Business strategy consultants to guide you on the best strategies to run your business.
- Product sourcing consultants. These experts study market trends to help you understand your customers and their needs so you can diversify your product base if need be. They also handle all liaising with trustworthy suppliers.
- Sales tax specialists. Many businesses struggle here, so you can hire a tax-trained Shopify specialist to handle your accounts to avoid all future liabilities.
Shopify web development or design
Even though a Shopify store is relatively easy to set up, there are still other needs you may have regarding your website, like the application of good UX design practices, customisation of themes, etc.
Concerning web development or design of your Shopify store, there are three major roles you’ll hire a Shopify web developer for. These include:
- Product development: This requires everything that goes into making your products easily visible and attractive to your customers. These experts set up product pages, add inventory and customise collections.
- Developers: They can help build your site and add the necessary customisations needed to improve user experience. They can also help with all the necessary integrations you need, whether it’s for moving your shop from another platform to Shopify or developing custom applications.
- Designers: These pros build or rebuild Shopify websites and provide other design services like UX optimisation.
Shopify store conversion rate optimisation
These Shopify experts turn your store into a revenue-generating machine by ensuring your design and marketing lead to customer conversions. This group of experts assume the following roles:
- Checkout optimisation: With a 69.75% eCommerce store abandonment rate via desktop, it’s safe to say that abandoned carts is one of the biggest issues eCommerce businesses face. The checkout optimisation specialist helps optimise your checkout process and experience so you see increased buys.
- Loyalty program: Retention or repeat sales is the lifeline of an eCommerce business, and loyalty program experts devise the best consumer retention strategies to keep customers coming back to your store. These experts study your customers and market to discover the type of loyalty programs that can be used to increase sales.
Difference between a Shopify Expert and Someone with Similar Skills
You’re probably wondering if there’s any difference between Shopify experts and others with the same skills. For example, can’t you just hire someone with experience in digital marketing to handle your store’s marketing needs? Do you specifically need a digital marketing Shopify expert?
While they may have similar skills, a Shopify professional is a better choice in most cases. This is because they have the experience and expertise specific to your needs. These experts are also trained to perform these tasks for countless Shopify stores, and any expert worth his salt will pull out a detailed portfolio of his work.
Choosing a Shopify expert or agency gives you the assurance of excellence. So it’s always better to go with those with better knowledge and understanding of your needs.
Benefits of Hiring Shopify Experts
Rather than assume many stressful roles and experiencing burnout, subpar results and a steady decline in sales, you can experience these benefits from hiring UK Shopify experts.
1. It saves time
When you outsource some of the responsibilities of running an eCommerce store to experts, you can focus on the key activities that’ll keep your business afloat. This allows you to be more efficient and saves you time on achieving your goals, helps you meet deadlines and satisfies your customer’s needs.
2. It is cost-effective
Rather than hiring full-time staff to handle the different parts of your store and having to deal with the cost of onboarding, training, monthly salaries and insurance, you can hire UK Shopify experts and only pay them as needed. This is especially beneficial for small businesses or startups because resource management at this stage is key to your growth.
3. You can trust the quality of work you’ll be getting
Hiring a Shopify expert means bringing in a trained and experienced professional to handle your business issues – especially if you choose one that Shopify verifies. In essence, you can bank on receiving quality service and timely results from the Shopify experts on our list.
4. They help you stand out
Shopify is incredibly competitive, so your business is going to need all the help it can get. Unless you’re highly skilled in the intricacies of Shopify, it’s almost impossible for you to produce designs or campaigns that can compare with those done by professionals. Shopify experts help you add that professional touch to your business so that your store looks credible and unique to customers.
How to Choose and Hire a Shopify Expert
Shopify experts can be found via a simple web search or on freelance sites like Upwork. The most reliable way for many, however, is via the Shopify Experts Marketplace, which offers a list of trusted professionals vetted by Shopify. If you’re using this marketplace, you can find an expert based on the available categories, including content writing, visual content and branding, troubleshooting, etc. Here, you can also see their service ratings and rates.
If you decide to hire outside of the Shopify Marketplace, maybe because you have various needs and would prefer an agency to manage all of it rather than working with different professionals, you have to be certain of who you’re trusting with your business. Here are a few pointers to look out for:
- Client list and reviews: Whether you’re going with an agency or a freelancer, you should know their background and previous experiences. Who have they worked with? Any Shopify merchants? Do they have references? Case studies or a verifiable portfolio of their work with results? This is a good way to ensure their legitimacy.
- Pricing: Before you go looking for a Shopify expert to hire, set a budget for this project. You can do quick research to find the average price range so you’re prepared.
- Test them: Use Shopify skill tests to vet the skills of experts you want to hire. This is a good way to determine whether a person or agency can execute the work you need done.
Before contacting a Shopify expert on the Shopify Marketplace or someplace else, it’s important to familiarise yourself with the requirements of your task and what’s needed so you know what to look out for. The more familiar you are with the project, the easier it is for you to communicate with the expert exactly what your requirements are.
Shopify Experts in the UK
Now that we've explored the concept of a Shopify expert, we can proceed to a list of the seven best Shopify experts in the UK.
Swanky is Shopify-recognised for its services in Shopify web design, store setup, web development and marketing. This Shopify expert is versed in the intricacies of conversion rate optimisation (CRO), and they can help you convert that sizable traffic to verified leads and sales. They perform all CRO tasks from analysis to its development and testing in-house.
Dewsign is another Shopify-accredited consultancy. They have over 20 years of experience building eCommerce websites and developing proven business automation. This agency will help you build a completely custom Shopify app as they specialise in developing, installing and integrating Shopify apps for your online store. Some of Dewsign’s services include; Shopify UX/UI design, brand strategy, Shopify sales funnel automation, Shopify CRM and multichannel marketing.
3. Whole Design Studios
This is a Shopify CRO agency focused on improving the conversion rate of your Shopify website so that you can generate more revenue. Whole Design Studios has an 8-step CRO process on their website that covers services like:
- Audit and understanding of business objectives
- Data creation and collection
- Data analysis
- Hypothesis creation
- A/B testing
- Learning and improving.
The agency’s prices start from £1,500 per month.
4. Ian Rhodes
Ian Rhodes is an independent UK Shopify expert with over 20 years of eCommerce expertise. This expert works with direct-to-consumer Shopify stores, providing services like Shopify store audit and review, Shopify customer retention strategies, Shopify growth strategies and optimising Shopify apps, among others.
5. Surefire Media
Surefire Media is a Shopify web design agency that designs, builds and promotes eCommerce websites. It consists of a team of Shopify experts who specialise in services like Shopify re-platforming (moving your online store from another platform to Shopify), Shopify theme customisation and Shopify app integrations. The agency also does digital marketing and has case studies on actual Shopify sellers or brands they’ve worked with.
HeyCarson is a leading Shopify partner that works with growing Shopify brands and provides cost-effective design and development services. The agency is a team of Shopify developers and designers who handle your projects individually. It currently has a rating of 4.9/5 on Shopify, with tailored prices starting from $85 per hour.
7. Black Lab Digital
One of the oldest Shopify accredited experts who has worked with Shopify stores since the platform's first version. The agency specialises in digital marketing strategies like PPC, Google ads, SEO and social media.
How Bezos Can Help Your Shopify Business
We’ll say it again – running an efficient online store is a lot of hard work with many moving parts. After you’ve set yourself up with a Shopify expert to ease developments, conversions and other aspects of the trade, you still need to think about the fulfilment of your clients’ orders.
Bezos is a full-service fulfilment company for Shopify businesses like yours. We handle everything from storage to picking, packing, order dispatch and returns. And the best part is that we integrate seamlessly with your Shopify store.
Granted, the Shopify UK expert will help you get leads and increase sales, but it will take an AI-enabled fulfilment provider to increase consumer loyalty at the delivery stage. This is because safe, accurate and prompt deliveries with an aesthetic unboxing experience solidify consumer loyalty.
Regardless of where your customers are or whatever other marketplaces you sell on, Bezos integrates with 57 sales channels like Shopify, Amazon, WooCommerce, etc. We have 63 fulfilment centres in 17 countries. Hence, we can handle local and international Shopify fulfilment better than anyone else.
Book a free consultation to speak to our experts today!
How much is it to hire a Shopify expert?
Hiring a Shopify expert in the UK can set you back anywhere from £40 to £150 an hour. However, be certain of the expert’s portfolio and ensure they have a demonstrated history of achieving results.
Are Shopify experts vetted?
Shopify experts on the Shopify Experts Marketplace are freelancers or agencies that have been vetted and deemed as professional developers, marketers and designers. These experts have been validated by the Shopify platform.
How do I choose a Shopify expert?
Two pointers for choosing credible Shopify experts are ratings and testimonials. Pay attention to them and use them to vet the expert’s authenticity.