5 of the Best UK eCommerce Fulfilment Providers
How to Choose a UK eCommerce Fulfilment Service
Getting leads and selling products is only the beginning of an order’s journey. After you receive an order, you need to take care of packing and shipping. Doing it on your own can be overwhelming, especially if you process large volumes of orders. This is where eCommerce fulfilment services like Bezos come in.
3PLs are fulfilment experts. So, if you have an eCommerce business in the UK and want to ensure that your packages arrive on time and in perfect condition, you should use UK eCommerce fulfilment services.
But with many third-party fulfilment providers to choose from, you might be wondering which one is best. Here we discuss the UK’s top fulfilment solutions and explain what to look for in a 3PL partner.
- Ecommerce businesses can outsource warehousing, order processing, picking and packing, and shipping to 3PLs.
- UK fulfilment companies operate through a network of warehouses and fulfilment centres strategically located nationwide.
- To choose the right 3PL, businesses must consider factors such as the number and location of fulfilment centres, the services offered, pricing structure, scalability, experience and order minimums.
- The top five UK fulfilment services are Bezos.ai, ShipBob, Amazon FBA, Huboo and BOXstation.
Ecommerce fulfilment services in the UK explained
The eCommerce industry in the UK is growing rapidly, and eCommerce fulfilment services play an important role in helping businesses manage their supply chains. 3PLs provide various order fulfilment solutions to online retailers, from receiving orders, through picking and packing to shipping products to customers.
In the case of order fulfilment in the UK, such companies operate through a network of warehouses and distribution centres strategically located across the country. By dispatching items from a location closest to the buyer, they enable fast and efficient delivery.
Fulfilment services typically use advanced technology and give business owners access to the infrastructure and expertise necessary to scale their operations.
How to choose a 3PL
Before we explore specific examples of UK fulfilment providers, we will explain what to look for in a 3PL. When deciding which company to hire as your fulfilment partner, you should consider the following factors:
Some 3PLs have limited warehouse locations, and others have extensive networks of fulfilment centres. Having multiple warehouses spread around the UK is crucial as it affects shipping speed. Ensure to check whether your chosen 3PL has fulfilment centres located close to your target audience. If they don’t, your buyers might see long waiting times for their products. This can, unfortunately, translate to reduced customer satisfaction.
Another aspect worth considering is if, at some point, you plan to serve customers outside the UK too. Not all 3PLs have international fulfilment centres, so if you want to expand into international markets, choose one that does. Bezos, for example, has a network of fulfilment centres that spans 17 countries worldwide.
Do you need someone to handle all order fulfilment processes? Or do you need assistance only with certain operations? Check whether a 3PL handles order fulfilment from A to Z or whether they only handle some processes such as warehousing or shipments. Additionally, you should consider access to extra services, for instance, branded packaging or custom temperature in the warehouse.
Each 3PL has its own pricing structure, so you should ensure their fees match your budget. Remember that some companies charge a set-up fee, a payment just for starting to use their services. You must also be aware of receiving fees, storage fees, and picking and packing fees. A reliable 3PL will disclose all the costs upfront, as they know that transparent pricing without hidden charges is crucial to building trust between a business and a fulfilment partner.
When choosing a 3PL, you must ensure that the company is capable of processing your order volume. But that’s not all. As your business grows, you will start handling more orders. Will the 3PL you picked be able to deal with it? This is a question you must ask yourself. Your perfect eCommerce fulfilment partner will effectively manage your fulfilment, even in the event of a sudden growth in sales.
Does the 3PL have proven experience working with businesses similar to yours? Ask them about industries they’ve served before. Some 3PLs specialise in specific niches, so if you’re looking for one with expertise in your field, ask about their experience with your type of products.
Some third-party fulfilment providers in the UK set limits regarding order minimums you must meet to use their services. This is not favourable to small or new businesses. If you are only entering the world of eCommerce, you should pick a 3PL that does not impose order minimums. Bezos, for example, specialises in working with small and medium-sized businesses. We want to work with you, no matter how small your company is.
Top 5 UK fulfilment services
Looking for reliable UK fulfilment companies? You’ve come to the right place! To help you find a fulfilment partner, we have compiled a list of five of the best providers of fulfilment services in the UK.
Are you a small or medium-sized business that wants to outsource their fulfilment but is worried about the costs? Bezos is a full-service fulfilment provider committed to helping eCommerce companies grow. Bezos gives eCommerce businesses access to world-class fulfilment solutions at affordable prices. With Bezos, you can benefit from services that were previously accessible only to large companies with big budgets.
Bezos handles all aspects of order fulfilment for its clients: storage, order processing, picking and packing, and shipments. If you work with us, you can use an AI-powered seller’s platform to view real-time updates about all of your orders. We use our expertise and advanced technology to help you lower the costs and improve the efficiency of your fulfilment and deliveries.
- Multiple delivery options: your buyers can choose from various shipment methods, including green delivery.
- The extended cut-off for next-day delivery within the UK: your buyers can benefit from next-day delivery if they place an order by 9 PM.
- 2-hour ticket response: we address all queries and concerns without delays.
- 99% pick-and-pack accuracy: you can rest assured that your customers receive exactly what they ordered.
- International fulfilment centres: Bezos has fulfilment centres in the UK and abroad. If you want to expand into international markets, you can do it effortlessly with our network of 63 fulfilment centres in 17 countries.
- Dedicated Account Manager: you will have the assistance of an expert who will keep an eye on your orders.
- Seamless integration with eCommerce platforms: Bezos integrates with over 30 sales channels and marketplaces. And the integration is free no matter how many channels you use.
- No set-up costs: we do not charge any fees for getting onboard and starting to work with us.
Bezos offers cost-effective UK fulfilment solutions and full transparency regarding pricing. The costs you will need to cover are:
- Fulfilment fee from £3.18 for standard delivery, £3.50 for next-day delivery and £6.92 for zero-emissions delivery.
- Storage fee from £3.20 per cubic metre per week for keeping your stock in our warehouses and fulfilment centres.
- Software subscription from £149 per month for using our modern technology.
Keep in mind that the exact price depends on the package’s dimensions and weight, as well as the final destination. You might also pay extra for value-added services such as customised packaging or parcel protection. Bezos’s pricing is very competitive, even if you are new to eCommerce. For more details about our prices, get a free quote.
ShipBob is a technology-driven fulfilment company that provides end-to-end order fulfilment solutions for eCommerce businesses of all sizes. ShipBob is based in the US but offers UK fulfilment services too. It fulfils UK orders from fulfilment centres located in Manchester, Birmingham and Swindon.
Thanks to ShipBob’s advanced technology, businesses can automate their fulfilment processes, effortlessly manage inventory and track shipments in real time. With its focus on efficiency, speed and flexibility, ShipBob has become a trusted partner for thousands of eCommerce brands.
- 99.95% accuracy rate in order fulfilment: you can be sure that your order fulfilment is managed by professionals.
- International fulfilment centres: ShipBob has over 30 fulfilment centres in six countries.
- Automated fulfilment: ShipBob uses powerful algorithms that automate fulfilment processes.
- Customisation options: with ShipBob, you can use your own branded boxes or put your logo on shipping labels.
ShipBob offers easy-to-understand pricing and charges for the following services:
- Receiving your inventory
- Storing your products in warehouses
- Shipping your orders.
However, to determine the cost of these solutions, you need to request a quote from ShipBob.
- Amazon FBA
Amazon FBA (Fulfilment by Amazon) is a fulfilment solution from Amazon. Its main feature is that eCommerce businesses can store their inventory in Amazon’s fulfilment centres. In addition to that, Amazon takes care of picking, packing, shipping and handling returns for businesses. Using Amazon FBA gives eCommerce owners access to Prime services and Amazon’s vast customer base.
- Storage in Amazon’s fulfilment centres: you can use Amazon’s network of warehouses.
- Amazon’s customer base: you will gain access to Amazon’s customer base. This can help you improve the visibility of your products and potentially acquire new buyers.
- Inventory management: Amazon FBA will help you manage your inventory levels and monitor sales performance.
- Fast shipping: you will be able to offer several shipping modes to your buyers, including Prime's two-day delivery.
To use Amazon FBA, you will need to pay the following:
- Fulfilment fees that vary depending on the size and weight of the product.
- Set storage fees that are irrespective of your sales.
- A referral fee for every item sold as a percentage of the sale price (up to 15%).
You need to be aware that having to pay referral fees might mean you will see fewer profits.
Huboo is a UK-based fulfilment company that provides a range of services to eCommerce businesses. Thanks to Huboo’s advanced technology, businesses can benefit from real-time inventory tracking.
One great thing about Huboo is its network of international warehouses, which enable eCommerce companies to ship goods to customers across the world and expand into new markets with ease.
- Real-time inventory tracking: you will have access to Huboo’s easy-to-use online platform to monitor inventory levels and track your orders.
- Custom packaging: you will have the option to use tailored packaging solutions.
- Processing returns: Huboo will handle the entire returns process on your behalf. This includes processing returns, restocking inventory and updating the online platform.
- International fulfilment centres: Huboo has warehouses in the UK, other European countries and the US.
With Huboo, you do not have to worry about hidden fees. The company’s pricing is transparent, and you can choose between a pay-as-you-go plan and a monthly subscription.
The former is suitable for businesses with frequently fluctuating order volumes. The latter, on the other hand, is perfect for companies that have consistent order volumes. With a pay-as-you-go option, you will pay a fixed fee per order, which covers the cost of picking, packing and shipping your items. With a monthly subscription, you will pay a monthly fee based on the number of stock-keeping units stored in Huboo’s warehouse, your order volume and the level of support you need.
BOXstation is a fulfilment services provider based in the UK. It offers cost-effective storage, shipping and order fulfilment solutions. Thanks to BOXstation’s pay-as-you-go system, business owners can enjoy tailor-made solutions.
- Multichannel integration: BOXstation makes it possible for businesses to manage orders from various sales channels in one place.
- Same-day dispatch: your customers can enjoy same-day dispatch for all orders received before 2 PM.
- No set-up fees: BOXstation does not charge businesses for starting to use their services.
- No contracts: since you can use the pay-as-you-go plan, you do not have to sign any contracts with BOXstation, and you can stop using their services anytime.
BOXstation’s pricing structure is based on the volume of orders and the storage space you require. Have a look at how their costs are calculated:
- Storage fees: you will be charged per pallet per week. The price depends on the pallet's size and storage length.
- Pick-and-pack fees: you will have to pay a fee per order. The cost depends on the complexity of the order, the number of items in the order and the item’s value.
- Shipping fees: how much you will pay for shipping depends on the weight and dimensions of the package and the destination.
Conclusion: What makes Bezos stand out?
In the competitive world of eCommerce fulfilment, there are numerous reliable UK fulfilment providers. Although each of them has certain advantages, there is an obvious winner – Bezos.
We are committed to offering world-class yet cost-effective fulfilment solutions to help you grow sales and improve customer satisfaction. With us, order fulfilment is fast and flawless.
Our transparent pricing structure and no order minimums make us an ideal partner for small and medium-sized businesses – and we can support your international expansion, offering unbeatable scalability.
Speak to an expert today, learn more and save money on your UK fulfilment!
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the cost of UK fulfilment services?
The cost of UK fulfilment services varies depending on a variety of factors, such as the volume of orders processed or the size and weight of the products being shipped. Each 3PL offers different prices, so you should obtain quotes from several providers before hiring one. A trustworthy third-party fulfilment provider will disclose all the costs upfront.
Can non-UK clients work with Bezos?
Yes. Bezos has international fulfilment centres located in 17 countries spread around the globe. We work with eCommerce businesses based not only in the UK but also in other parts of the world. Depending on the location of the buyer, Bezos ships from a fulfilment centre located closest to them. This is why, with us, you can enjoy fast international shipping.
What packaging do 3PLs use?
3PLs use various packaging materials and methods depending on the type of products they ship and the specific requirements of their clients. Commonly used materials include cardboard boxes, padded envelopes and bubble wrap. These are typically covered by the fulfilment fee you pay for the 3PL’s services. However, most fulfilment companies give you the option to use branded or customised packaging at an extra fee.