Artificial Intelligence Engineer
- Build Bezos’ Artificial Intelligence technology from the ground up - an AI and ML system capable of making millions of logistics decisions every day.
- Develop, test, and deploy systems to improve our e-commerce logistics processes: delivery speed, precision of delivery estimates, optimization of the last mile, and reduction in emissions due to deliveries.
- Use infrastructure as code and CI/CD tools such as Terraform and Gitlab to deploy your models.
- Develop tools and APIs so we can integrate data models into our applications.
- Collaborate with both internal stakeholders (Product, Engineering, Data Science) and external stakeholders (academic partners, AI/ML experts).
Must have requirements
- Professional software development experience on real-world commercial products - you know how a company operates and what it takes to build software in a commercial environment.
- Used multiple programming languages and have at least one you’re comfortable working with - at Bezos we currently use Go, node.js and a little Python but programming skills and adaptability are more important to us.
- Experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- In-depth understanding of Machine Learning algorithms, Deep Learning algorithms and at least one Deep Learning framework such as PyTorch or TensorFlow.
- Practical experience building AI/ML systems and dealing with problems such as overfitting, class imbalance, bias replication and simulation exploits.
- Experience using large datasets to build predictive models.
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, or related field - or equivalent experience.
- Understanding of Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
- Can communicate complex technology solutions to different stakeholders.
- A positive outlook, boundless energy and thrive on collaboration in agile and startup environments.
- Right to work in the UK
- Good vibes: Fostering team spirit; open and inclusive, someone all developers look up to and aspire to work with.
Nice to have
- Experience in applying Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence in supply chain, logistics or operations research.
- Experience with big data technologies such as Spark, Hadoop, Cassandra.
- MSc. or PhD in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, or a related field.
- Experience working closely with Data Scientists and Data Architects.
- Experience in Soft Computing.
- Experience authoring replicable cloud infrastructure environments using multiple technologies, e.g. AWS, Google Cloud, Terraform, Ansible, Puppet.
We strive to create exciting and amazing opportunities where our team members love to work and have fun with each other. We offer a remote-first culture, unlimited holidays and a competitive compensation package which includes an attractive base salary and stock options.
This is a super exciting role and a critical hire for our team, as you will join our startup as one of the very first employees.